When it comes to investments into your home, you typically need to balance three main factors: budget, function, and style. At the end of an ideal project, you have stayed close to your budget, the new project is functional for your needs, and you’re happy with how it looks. When all three priorities are met, you will be happy with your investment. But another consideration to keep in mind is if the project will add value to your home. Even if you plan to live in the home forever, you likely don’t want to spend a large chunk of money on something that won’t add value to it. Some exterior remodels or renovations may be necessary for safety or code requirements, and that’s a great time to consider upgrading rather than just replacing. If you’re looking at some ways to invest in your home to update, upgrade, make more functional, or to maximize ROI, here are some great ways to do that.
- Exterior Paint – painting your property can be enormously impactful. Whether you have brick, siding, or stucco, a clean coat of paint brings a freshness to your home. Consider color schemes that coordinate with the style of the rest of your neighborhood, but don’t be afraid to try something that is eye catching. It’s a balance so take some time before you decide and be sure to look at plenty of idea pictures or spend a couple weekends driving around to see it in person.
- Landscaping – You don’t have to compete for a spot in Better Homes and Gardens to have a lovely, landscaped yard. Sometimes people get intimidated about gardening, lawn maintenance, and yard care, and it can be tricky if you aren’t prepared for the work. It’s still possible to have a beautiful yard that doesn’t require too much effort. If you’re looking to boost your home’s value, spend a little time in that yard.
- Front Doors – Because your front door is the entrance into your home, it should be welcoming and in good condition. Painting your front door a fun color is an easy way to update your home and isn’t too costly. You can also upgrade it to a high-end focal piece to really level up your curb appeal. If you have the space, consider making the entrance bigger and adding some windows to encase the door.
- Garage Doors – Although this can be of a spendy option, it always pays off. Garage doors are large so they are a big portion of the entire home’s exterior. Today there are lots of options for garage doors—you’ll want to pay attention to ones that blend in with the aesthetic of the rest of your home and will last a long time.
- Outdoor Entertaining Spaces – Grilling areas, outdoor kitchen, firepits, and patios set up for entertaining are in high demand in today’s home. Creating a fun space to gather with family or friends is a great investment for your needs today and when it comes time to sell.
For the best in exterior updates and upgrades, RAM has got your back.