The summer months call us to spend time outside enjoying the lovely weather and soaking up some Vitamin D. As you’re enjoying your outdoor time, maybe you’ve noticed a few issues with the exterior of your home that need to be addressed. Here are seven signs that your home could use an exterior renovation:
- You feel like your home is looking dated – If you continually pull up to your house feeling out of place from the rest of your updated neighborhood, it may be time to give it a refresh. To keep your house feeling current and well loved, some exterior renovations may be necessary. It doesn’t always have to be a huge project, even adding some shutters or updating the address numbers is all it takes.
- The paint is starting to chip or flake – If you’re noticing paint chipping or flaking, or maybe faded sections, this is a sign that your home is asking for some TLC. Often this is just a cosmetic issue and is relatively simple to fix. Before issues get worse, consider getting a quick coat of fresh paint on there.
- The landscaping doesn’t match the home – If you’ve spent a lot of time and money on a beautifully landscaped yard, you’ll feel even more satisfied with the project if your home matches that look. If you’re home looks run down but your yard looks immaculate, it’s going to feel unbalanced.
- You plan on selling the home sometime soon – The first impression of your home is the exterior. Realtors and buyers may not remove a home from their list because of an unattractive exterior, but they’ll definitely think twice about it. Even if you don’t plan to sell right away, if you know it’s in the cards sometime in the future, start with little renovations now and keep up on it so you can enjoy the upgrades before you put the for sale sign up.
- The inside doesn’t match the outside – Many of us are guilty of spending a lot of time and money on interior updates while forgetting about the outside. If you’ve upgraded several areas of your home but have neglected the outside, now’s the time to remedy that. Curb appeal matters, so avoid putting the exterior on the backburner.
- Pests or insects are getting in – Bugs do find a way to get into homes regardless of exterior quality; however, if you start to notice a shift and you’re seeing more pests or bugs than normal, it may be time to consider an assessment on the openings of your home like doorways, windows, or chimney crowns.
- Your roof is leaking – Homeowners should never ignore a leaking roof, and it won’t simply go away or get better with time. We know that roof repair or replacement is intimidating but ignoring the problem will only create bigger issues.
Renovating the exterior of a home doesn’t have to be a dreaded project. Make it a rewarding and positive experience by using the experts at RAM Builders Stucco and Exteriors.