Exterior upgrades go beyond the structure of your home. This summer, consider investing in some various exterior projects that will bring you a good ROI. Here are some ideas.
- Outdoor entertaining areas – Create a fun space for all your entertaining needs. A fire pit for roasting marshmallows, a covered cooking space with a high-end grill and some countertops, or a pool area with loungers are all great ways to bring excitement to your home.
- Add some outdoor lighting – Outdoor lighting can really spruce up a home. You can add lighting on the actual structure of your home and/or opt for landscape lighting. Be mindful of what you want to highlight and where the lights will go best to accentuate those areas. Plus, a well-lit home deters burglars all while creating a lovely ambience.
- Replace garage door and/or front door – You may be surprised to know just how different a new garage door and/or front door will make your home look. With the many styles and colors today, new doors on your home can pack a big punch. Remodeling Magazine came out with a cost versus value report and said that garage door replacements recoup almost 98% of the upfront cost, and front doors recoup about 76%. Instantly boost your curb appeal by upgrading your doors.
- Lawn care maintenance – Last year, many Utahns had to forego watering due to our extreme drought. Even if we have similar restrictions this year (not likely), implementing a good yard care regimen can improve the value of your home. Even if you have some brown grass, you can still keep the yard tidy and clean.
- Plant trees and update landscaping – If your yard needs a little more than just better maintenance, it may be time to bring in a landscape professional to help you map out a better look. Planting trees that look nice with your home and offer shady spots will create a more comfortable and put together yard.
- Sprinkling systems – Hand watering is not something many of us have time for. If your property doesn’t have a sprinkling system, installing one is a great way to bring convenience to your schedule and is a good return on investment. If you have one, it’s a good idea to check it out each year to make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Update the façade – Replacing siding may sound extensive and expensive, but it’s actually one of the most cost-effective ways to improve the value of your home. Updating your stucco, whether it needs repairing or a new color, is also a great way to improve the look of your home while also building value.
- Add a deck or patio – Consider adding a deck or patio to add value and character to your home. A functional outdoor space creates an extra spot to entertain or relax, and homes with these added spaces typically see about a 76% return on investment.
For professional exterior projects, trust the work to the experts at RAM Builders Stucco & Exteriors.