Windows are often an overlooked upgrade, but they shouldn’t be. Windows are like the eyes of your home, welcoming in visitors and bringing openness and light into your space. It’s shocking how much windows can do to the look of your home, and many customers are surprised to see the dramatic improvement when their project is complete. Here are eight reasons to upgrade your home’s eyes:
- Helps with curb appeal – Boost your curb appeal by replacing old, outdated, and unattractive windows with new, contemporary, clear windows. This is even more important if you have broken windows, which screams deferred maintenance to all who drive by. New windows are worth the investment just for the curb appeal boost alone.
- Increase energy efficiency – Get rid of draftiness and air leaks with new, energy-efficient windows. Not only will it feel nicer in your home, but you’ll save money on heating and cooling bills throughout the year. And, bonus, they’re better for the environment because you’re not wasting energy on cooling/heating the neighborhood.
- Control outside noise – If you’ve ever lived in an older home on a busy street with original, single-paned windows, you know how loud it can be inside. New windows are designed with noise-control features and make a world of difference to the peace and quiet inside your home.
- Enjoy the new view – Even if you clean old windows often, they are likely still covered with scratches, foggy sections, or hard-to-remove dirt. New windows will be clear and bright and makes the view of the outside world much more beautiful. Often, new windows will make the space feel bigger because of the natural light streaming in.
- Increase security – Break-ins are generally easier with older windows. New windows are stronger and can come with double locks and interlocks to maximize safety. Intruders will have a harder time breaking high-impact resistant glass on modern windows.
- Safer and easier to use – New windows have many options. Some have a tilt-in feature or easy-removal capabilities so cleaning them becomes a breeze. They’re also easier to get open in case of emergencies such as a house fire. (Don’t worry – we mean easier to get out of the house, but not so much for an intruder to get in.)
- More comfortable indoors – Newer windows will make a drastic difference in the temperature of your home, especially if you’re going from very old single-paned windows. If you replace your windows and still feel unusual draftiness, you may need thermal imaging services to see what else is going on.
- Adds value to your home – Whether you plan to sell your home or not, new windows will add value to your home’s worth. And if you are planning to list your home, many realtors and appraisers will suggest replacing windows if they’re outdated enough because buyers will likely ask for replacements as a concession in their offer.
Window replacement may not be the most inexpensive choice, but the benefits pack a punch. For the highest quality work, trust in RAM Builders Stucco & Exteriors.